According to the Humane Society, between 10 and 20 people die annually as the result of dog bites in America, with the majority of the fatalities being children.
Did you know that almost two percent of the nation's population suffers from a dog bite injury each year? That between ten and 20 people die of dog bites annually, many of them children? That you have legal rights if you are bitten by a dog?
If you have been injured by a dog bite you need representation immediately, The Danvers Law Offices can help. An experienced Dog Bite Attorney from our team is available to serve clients in Danvers, Salem, Peabody, Beverly, and all surrounding communities in MA.
What to do after you have been bitten by a dog.
It is important to identify the animal that bit you, because if it is a stray and you cannot identify it, you're facing the possibility of having to submit to treatment for rabies, which can be painful. Also, if you were attacked by a dog or any wild animal being kept by a person, you probably are entitled to receive compensation from the animal's owner, and you might really need that compensation to pay your medical bills, reimburse you for lost income, pay for cosmetic surgery in the future, and help you overcome the pain and suffering from your injuries.
Following any animal bite in Massachusetts, make sure to obtain:
• Name of the owner and his or her insurance company
• The owners Address
• The owners telephone number
• Claim number
• Name of the person who is insured (May be different)
• The amount of money available to pay medical expenses (not everything, just medical expenses)
What NOT to do after you have been bitten by a dog:
• Do not discuss money, payment of money, settlement, injury value or anything else involving money
• Do not set up an appointment
• Do not write a letter or a memo
• Do not permit yourself to be tape recorded
• Do not allow the victim to be photographed
• Do not discuss who is responsible
• Do not accept any money
Please contact Thomas J. Gately II for a FREE CONSULTATION. > Click Here or Call
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover